Starting: September 2021
Duration: 4 years
Expires: Applications are considered until the position is filled
Supervisor: Robert Vacha (email@example.com)
Employer: CEITEC Masaryk University, Czech Rep.
There will be new projects for next academic year (starting Sptember 2021)
Eligibility: Outstanding candidates with experience in computer simulations and with an MSc/PhD degree in the fields of biophysics, soft matter physics, physical chemistry, computational chemistry, statistical mechanics, or related fields. Experience with molecular dynamics simulations (with GROMACS, CHARMM, NAMD, AMBER, LAMMPS, etc.) or other simulation techniques (Monte Carlo, DPD, etc.) at the atomistic or coarse-grained level would be an advantage.
Computing Resources: Successful candidates will have access to local computing clusters with 1500 cores. Access to Metacentrum NGI – National Grid Infrastructure for computing (with ~20,000 cores) will be also available. Additional resources include the possibility of applying for IT4Inovations, where the group is active.
Competitive salary: depending on the position - supported by grant projects.
Application procedure: Applications must include a CV, with list of publications and study results, short personal statement (description of research interests, past, and plans), and the name of a person willing to provide a letter of recommendation. Applications with all this material (preferably in a single pdf) should be sent to Robert Vacha (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Why join us?
- International opportunities – CEITEC is a leading member of Alliance 4 Life, a member of the EU Life consortium, in strategic partnership with The Vienna Biocenter Core Facilities
- Wide career options
- Build connections via our international partnerships and events (47% of publications created within the international cooperation)
- Transferable skills courses, cooperation with industry
- Brno is EU & NATO member and voted 4th best city for students’ life
- An international community with frequent informal events
- Top score in Quality of life index in 2020
CEITEC is a scientific centre in the fields of life sciences, advanced materials and technologies whose aim is to establish itself as a recognized centre for basic as well as applied research. CEITEC offers a state-of-the-art infrastructure and great conditions to employ excellent researchers. Our institute values diversity and promotes an inclusive working environment with the aim to support the best scientists. CEITEC MU is a proud holder of the HR Excellence in Research Award by the European Commission.
Information about Brno, Czech Republic:
- The capital of South Moravian Region and the second largest city in the Czech Republic with a population of almost 400,000 people
- Modern, dynamic and fast growing centre of industry, trade, science, research and innovation with business incubators and centres of excellence in science
- A city of universities with more than 86,000 students
- More than 10,000 researchers; 2,200 IF publications/year; 600+ PhD graduates/year,
- 500 mil. EUR of R&D investment per year, more than 350 companies with in-house R&D,
- City of Gregor Mendel, the founder of genetics; the prestigious Mendel Lectures series takes place in Brno since 2003 (lectures of the world´s top scientists, including Nobel Prize winners),